Wednesday, March 3, 2010

You Look So Drained, Enjoy the Movie?

Sunday was not a regular day for me. I opened at work on about 9 hours sleep, worked from 10 to 2 - let go for lack of business and a pizza man is not productive when he gets lost with a GPS. Crashing from 2:30 to about 8:00 then to wake to catch a movie at AMC Whitemarsh, Dear John at about 8:30.

The movie reminded me much of the relationship we had before the mess. Not as a whole, but the smaller details... references to the moon, knowing someone for a long time when you just met them.... The time you were with was cherished, the time apart you looked forward to the next....

Exiting the movie in the hall Kimmie and I saw her... when I see her I either walk past her like a ghost, or look to the ground shaking my head. Kimmie pointed out how weird the guy she was with was, I just looked down and shook my head. I have never seen her so drained. As soon as Kimmie made her comment she put distance between her and the guy. Honestly I am not clear he was a date, but she was occupying his personal space when we met into her... No arms around each other, no holding hands, but close - together.

I texted her later that night to inform her she looked drained, if she enjoyed the move, and the movie title (it escapes me at the moment). She caught the text a few min later and texted me back an hour later with "No". Single word replies usually indicates a person is not up for a conversation so I just let her be.

She never looked like that when she was with me, always had a sparkle in her eye... with Justin, she had a glow, Justin gone she was low... but not like this. I didn't notice if her eyes were shallow. The moment was fast and I prefer little contact because all she has to share is insulting small talk or how crazy I was - only destined to reciprocate with my rage. Just walk on by, never to say hi.

Je t'aime idiot

No comments:

Post a Comment